EPDM Benefits & Advantages
If this material is right for your environment and application, there are many benefits.
Benefits of EPDM
- Resistance to UV exposure, ozone, aging, weathering, and many chemicals - great for outdoor applications
- Stability in high and low temperatures - a general purpose EPDM material can be used in an environment where the temperature range is from -20F to +350F (-29C to 177C).
- Low electrical conductivity
- Resistance to steam and water
- Used in the production of extruded rubber or molded rubber products
- Properties allow it to be widely used and highly versatile, can be applied successfully in many situations
- Used in the proper environment, the parts will work well and last long without breaking down, becoming brittle, etc. - saving you money on replacements
- Less expensive than silicone, with similar properties (where heat below 250 degrees F is present)
Not sure if this is the right material? Learn more about EPDM properties.