Rigid & Flexible PVC Tubing and Other Parts
PVC rubber is a strong, lightweight, and durable material that’s ideal for a variety of applications. Timco Rubber custom designs and provides both rigid and flexible PVC products for companies in need of high-quality parts for their applications.
PVC: A Material for Strong, Lightweight Rubber Parts
PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is a thermoplastic material that can be melted repeatedly at certain temperatures and will harden upon cooling. This process makes PVC strong, lightweight, and durable. These qualities make PVC an ideal material for a variety of applications.
PVC comes in two basic forms: rigid PVC (also known as uPVC or RPVC) and flexible (soft) PVC. Both rigid and flexible PVC are cost-effective solutions that can be combined with a broad range of additives to enhance performance versatility. Thanks to a wide hardness range, good resistances, and other PVC properties, this material is an appealing option for everything from rigid PVC pipe to clear PVC tubing used in automotive and medical applications.
Whether you need a hard or soft PVC material, Timco can work with you to design custom PVC parts for your exact needs. Our team works with you to identify and provide the best, most cost-effective part solutions for your applications. We can also modify these parts to suit your exact needs, including custom cut PVC pipe, specially graded materials, or some other value-add for your business.
- Common Names: Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Temperature Range
- Low Temperature Usage: -40 degrees C | 5 degrees C
- High Temperature Usage: 60°C | 140°F
- Tensile Strength
- Tensile Strength: 2.60 N/mm2
- Elongation: 100-400%
- Notched Impact Strength: 2.0-45 Kj/m2
- Thermal Coefficient of expansion: 80 x 10-6
- Density 1.38 g/cm3
- Durometer (Hardness) – 15-70 Shore D
- Flame Resistance: Very Good
- UV Resistance: Excellent
- Ozone Resistance: Excellent
- Dilute Acid: Very Good
- Dilute Alkalis: Very Good
- Oils and Greases: Good (variable)
- Aliphatic Hydrocarbons: Very Good
- Halogenated Hydrocarbons: Moderate (variable)
- Alcohols: Good (variable)
- Aromatic Hydrocarbons: Poor
Rigid (uPVC, RPVC) Applications
- Rigid PVC tubing for pipes and drains
- Window and door frames
- Clear OD/ID tubing for gas furnaces
Flexible PVC Applications
- Coated wire and cable insulation
- Protective strips
- Seat coverings
- Interior door panels and pockets
- Surgical equipment
- IV bags
- Administrative sets
- Medical packaging
PVC Benefits Advantages
- Easy to process and blend into both rigid and soft PVC materials
- Resistant to grease, oil, and chemicals makes it effective for use in the automotive and medical industries
- Resistant to bad weather conditions – does not corrode and is very durable over long-term use and exposure
- Flame resistant with fire prevention properties – difficult to ignite, and without a powerful external flame, will not continue to burn
- Compatible with a variety of additives – allows PVC to be clear or colored, rigid or flexible
- Excellent electrical insulation properties – ideal for use in cables and other electrical industry applications
Interested in custom PVC parts for your application?
Call 1-888-754-5136 to find out more, or get a quote on PVC seals, tubing, and other parts.
Not sure which material you need for your custom rubber product? View our rubber material selection guide to learn more about which compound is right for your part needs.