Natural Rubber Shock Mounts, Bushings, and Other Parts
When you need a tough material, natural rubber is an abrasion-resistant solution that’s great for areas where other materials would wear out. Timco Rubber can work with your business to provide custom-designed natural rubber parts that are specifically designed for your applications.
Natural Rubber: A Tough Material for Physically Demanding Applications
Some applications demand the most out of their individual parts. Natural rubber is a versatile material used in engineering for many years for a very simple reason – it can take a beating and still perform crucial functions.
Natural rubber combines high tensile and tear strength with an outstanding resistance to fatigue. These heavy-duty capabilities make this material an ideal polymer for dynamic or static engineering applications that deal with regular vibration, noise, contact, and other issues. These qualities make natural rubber an ideal solution for tires, printer rollers, agitators, and other parts that will come into regular contact with abrasive surfaces or other damaging elements.
Natural Rubber Properties
- Common Name: Natural Rubber
- ASTM D-2000 Classification: AA
- Chemical Definition: Polyisoprene
- Temperature Range
- Low Temperature Usage: -20° to -60° F | -29° to -51°C
- High Temperature Usage: Up to 175° F | Up to 80°C
- Tensile Strength
- Tensile Range (P.S.I): 500-3500
- Elongation (Max %): 700
- Durometer (Hardness) – Range: 40-90 Shore A
- Abrasion Resistance: Excellent
- Tear Resistance: Excellent
- Solvent Resistance: Poor
- Oil Resistance: Poor
- Aging Weather/Sunlight: Poor
- General Characteristics
- Adhesion to Metals: Excellent
- Compression Set: Excellent
- Resilience - Rebound: Excellent
Natural Rubber Applications
- Shock mounts
- Vibration isolators
- Hose and tubing
- Pad assemblies
- Loading dock bumpers
Natural Rubber Benefits & Advantages
- Can be compounded to meet nearly any mechanical requirement
- Ability to be electrically insulating or fully conductive
- Features natural protection, insulation, and sealing properties
- Excellent ability to absorb vibration and shock while silencing noise in even heavy-duty applications
Interested in natural rubber vibration isolators, bushings, and other parts?
Call 1-888-754-5136 to find out more, or get a quote for rubber dock bumpers, shock absorbers, and other natural rubber products.
Not sure which material you need for your custom rubber product? View our rubber material selection guide to learn more about which compound is perfect for your performance needs.