Thermoplastic Elastomers: Custom TPE Parts
Thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) are versatile plastics that are perfect for sealing, coextrusions, and other solutions. Timco Rubber designs and provides custom flexible and rigid TPE parts for companies in need of quality products for their applications.
TPE Plastic: A Soft, Flexible Material for Tubing, Gaskets, and More
While TPE has the properties and performance of rubber, it’s actually processed like plastic and recyclable. Because of its elastomeric component, TPE compounds are soft and flexible materials that can be repeatedly stretched to at least twice their original length at room temperature and return to the approximate length of the original shape upon stress release.
TPE materials have a soft touch that is appealing and beneficial for many markets and consumer goods. Soft TPE can be easily molded or extruded onto hard thermoplastic materials, making it great for soft touch grips on products. TPEs are also perfect for sealing rings and bottle cap liners. Other types of TPE can be used for automotive parts, wire and cable insulation, HVACs, and home appliances.
Timco currently supplies Santoprene™ and Kraton® brand TPEs. Our team works directly with you to uncover your exact performance needs and determine which thermoplastic elastomer is right for your applications. Our goal is to help you find the best, most cost-effective parts solution for your needs, whether that calls for custom cut-to-length Santoprene tubing, die cut Kraton gaskets, or some other solution.
- Common Name: Thermoplastic Elastomers or Thermoplastic Rubber
- Temperature Range
- Low Temperature Usage: -30 F
- High Temperature Usage: Up to: 250 F
- Tensile Strength
- Tensile Range: 500-2500 P.S.I.
- Elongation: 600% Maximum
- Durometer (Hardness) – 50-80 Shore A
- Aging Weather - Excellent
- Abrasion Resistance: Good
- Tear Resistance: Good
- Solvent Resistance: Good
- Oil Resistance: Fair
- Ozone Resistance: Excellent
- Chemical Resistance: Excellent
- General Characteristics
- Adhesion to Metals: Excellent
- Solvent Resistance: Good
- Compression Set: Fair
Timco provides custom TPE parts for a variety of markets. These markets include:
- Condensate drain tubing
- Edge guards
- Inducer couplings
- Home appliances
- Oil and gas
TPE Benefits and Advantages
- A natural solution for coextruded parts
- Available in both rigid and flexible options
- Parts are colorable
- Able to be scrapped and recycled
- Long lifespan
- Provides both slip resistance and shock absorption
- Extreme flexibility in comparison to standard solutions
- UL and NSF approved ingredient options available with certain TPE grades
Interested in Thermoplastic Elastomers?
Call us at 1-888-754-5136 or request a quote today for Santoprene gaskets, Kraton bushings, or any other TPE parts. Our team of experts is available to help answer any questions you have along the way.
Not sure which material you need for your custom rubber product?
View our rubber material selection guide.