Viton® rubber, a specific fluoroelastomer polymer (FPM), was introduced into the aerospace industry in 1957 to fulfill its needs for a high-performance elastomer.
Following its introduction, the usage of Viton® spread quickly to other industries including the automotive, appliance, chemical and fluid power industries. Viton® has a strong reputation as a high-performance elastomer in very hot and extremely corrosive environments. Viton® was also the first fluoroelastomer to obtain worldwide ISO 9000 registration.
Viton® is a registered trademark of DuPont Performance Elastomers.
- ASTM D-2000 Classification: HK
- Oil & Solvent Resistance: Excellent
- High Temperature Usage: 400°F to 600°F | 204°C to 315°C
- Fuel system seals & hoses
- Shaft seals
- Expansion joints & gaskets
Benefits & Advantages
- Excellent heat stability
- Resistant to aggressive fuels and chemicals
- Can meet FDA requirements for food & pharmaceutical applications