Viton O-rings, Gaskets, and Other Parts
If fuel or oil is present in your application, Viton may be the right rubber material for your business. Timco Rubber provides businesses with custom-designed Viton gaskets, seals, and other parts to address the specific needs of your applications.
Viton: A Rubber Compound for Fuel and Oil Applications
Viton rubber, a specific fluoroelastomer polymer (FKM), was introduced into the aerospace industry in 1957 to fulfill its needs for a high-performance elastomer. Following its introduction, the usage of this material spread quickly to other industries. These days, Viton seals, o-rings, and others rubber parts are now used regularly in the automotive, appliance, chemical, and fluid power industries thanks to its natural resistance to both fuel and oil.
In addition to fuel and oil resistance, Viton rubber gaskets and other parts has a strong reputation as a high-performance elastomer that can operate in very hot and extremely corrosive environments. These capabilities make Viton a natural choice for parts that need to succeed in demanding environments.
At Timco, we can design and provide custom Viton parts made for your specific needs. Our team works with you to identify an exact solution based on your performance, assembly, and budget needs. Whether you need a molded gasket material or sealing products that are die cut to specific lengths, we can help you invest in the perfect Viton parts for a wide variety of applications.
- Common Name: Viton®, Fluro Elastomer, FKM
- ASTM D-2000 Classification: HK
- Chemical Definition: Fluorinated Hydrocarbon
- Abrasion Resistance: Good
- Tear Resistance: Good
- Solvent Resistance: Excellent
- Oil Resistance: Excellent
- Aging Weather/ Sunlight: Excellent
- Temperature Range
- Low Temperature Usage: 10°F to -10°F | -12°C to -23°C
- High Temperature Usage: 400°F to 600°F | 204°C to 315°C
- Durometer (Hardness): Range 40-90 Shore A
- Tensile Strength
- Tensile Range (P.S.I): 500-2000
- Elongation (Max %): 300
- General Characteristics
- Adhesion to Metals: Good
- Compression Set: Good
- Resilience/ Rebound: Fair
Aerospace & Aircraft Industry
- Radial lip seals
- Manifold gaskets
- Cap seals
- Siphon hoses
- Fuel hoses and tubing
Viton Benefits & Advantages
- Fuel and oil compatibility
- Compatibility with many other chemicals, including vegetable oils, alcohols, diluted acids, and more
- Can be made to perform continuously at 204°C and even after short excursions to 315°C
- Certain grades of Viton can also perform equally well in temperatures as low as -40°C
- Certain materials are FDA compliant and meet FDA requirements for food and pharmaceutical applications
- Meets strict environmental regulations in regard to emissions, spills, and leaks, especially when compared to some other elastomers
Interested in Viton® rubber for your application?
Call 1-888-301-4971 to find out more, or get a quote.
Not sure which material you need for your custom rubber product? View our rubber material selection guide.